[SATLUG] Suse Administrator

Sure IT Inc hotreks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:52:00 CDT 2009

I have a spot open in Florida. Its located in Boca Raton 3-6 month contract
with Office Depot…the corp headquarters. Please pay attention to the matrix.
I need a 7+ yr Linux SuSE guy with the other skills. If they don’t have the
7 yrs at least, I will not send them.

Sr. Systems Engineer

Complete Description:
Advises developers in design of new applications by providing expertise on
systems capabilities and constraints

Works outside immediate discipline to coordinate a group of people in
troubleshooting a wide-scale problem

Serves as point-of-contact across several areas or disciplines to solve
major systems outages with high impact or visibility

May function in a lead capacity within department and represent department
in workflow, escalation discussions with others

Provides expert technical advice and counsel to management and to less
experienced systems analysts

Assesses change implementation options, benefits and risks, and recommends
most appropriate direction

Provides guidance in predicting and monitoring performance and capacity and
addressing related issues

Develops non-standard, non-routine portions of the implementation plan,
including steps to resolve hardware/software compatibility issues; tests
software and guides users in required operational changes

Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent training and experience;
Graduate degree preferred

Approximately 6-9 years experience in field

Additional Information:
Experience needed in Linux\Windows Server build processes, inclusive of
rebuilding\reimaging for physical and virtual images.

*   Required / Desired Skills*

     *Skill*

**

*Required / Desired*

**

*Amount of Experience*

Linux (SUSE) Administration experience

 Required

 7  Years

Microsoft Windows Server 200x (64bit experience a definite plus)

 Required

 7  Years

HP DLxxx server hardware and Networking technologies

 Required

 7  Years

Symantec NetBackup and BackupExec product line

 Required

 5  Years

Server Virtualization proficiency (VMWare experience a definite plus)

 Required

 5  Years

Excellent Communication. Self motivated. Strong data organizational skills

 Required

 7  Years