[SATLUG] Home automation via linux

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Fri Oct 9 14:52:14 CDT 2009

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> Check out linuxmce.org.  as far as I know it is the only complete
> Linux distro out there which focuses on total home automation.
> Todd

Looks like an awesome program, but kinda overkill for just turning on an
outlet or two.

"raise/lower your blinds"?  assuming, of course, you've got automated
blinds.  I never was that lazy ;-)

just because I like options, are there any other linux based programs
that would do some of the more simpler tasks?

believed to be clean.