[SATLUG] Home automation via linux

Tom Walker twalker at world-net.net
Sat Oct 10 09:30:09 CDT 2009

Try bottlerocket or heyu. Both are small, command line based programs to
control X-10 devices, and both lend themselves to web control. Heyu is
still under active development (http://www.heyu.org). Total solution
shouldn't cost more than the ~ $50 for X-10's Firecracker. By small, I
mean I was running a webserver (busybox) and bottlerocket to control a
few outlets, lights, fans on a headless 4 M PC/104 '386 and still had a
few bytes left.