[SATLUG] KDE 4.3.2 password entry issues with my main user.

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 21:12:31 CDT 2009

On Sunday 11 October 2009 21:03:48 Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> John D Choate wrote:

> >> It may be that this is only affecting the main user because you were
> >> logged in as the main user when the upgrade occurred.  if this is the
> >> case it may be that yu should try t d a dpkg-reconfigure and see if that
> >> helps.
> >>
> >> Todd
> >>

> > Only one problem... I have no idea which package of KDE I should run dpkg-reconfigure on.
> >
> try re-enabling your kwallet then try to open it up from cli,  see if
> there are any errors.  if you have already done this then try reinstalling.
>
> if you upgraded as a normal upgrade (i.e. through the distros gui
> installer r through the use of yum or apt-get) then look through your
> logs to see what packages you installed, then reconfigure those.  mind
> you shouldn't have to do the dependencies just the main ones.
> if you did this as a separate rpm or deb package install the just
> dpkg-reconfigure the original package.
>
> Todd

Hmmm... I wish I could check the logs (well, I will try), but several hundreds of packages have been installed since this occurred... Though I may be able to trace it back to the first package(s) relating to KDE 4.3.2, which I think was kdelibs... at first I was awaiting updates to kwallet or kdelibs, etc. Now that I have ruled kwallet out as the culprit, I'll have to look at what else was upgraded early on a few days back.