[SATLUG] KDE 4.3.2 password entry issues with my main user.

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 21:21:18 CDT 2009

On Sunday 11 October 2009 21:03:48 Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> John D Choate wrote:

> >> It may be that this is only affecting the main user because you were
> >> logged in as the main user when the upgrade occurred.  if this is the
> >> case it may be that yu should try t d a dpkg-reconfigure and see if that
> >> helps.
> >>
> >> Todd
> >>

> > Only one problem... I have no idea which package of KDE I should run dpkg-reconfigure on.
> >
> try re-enabling your kwallet then try to open it up from cli,  see if
> there are any errors.  if you have already done this then try reinstalling.
>
> if you upgraded as a normal upgrade (i.e. through the distros gui
> installer r through the use of yum or apt-get) then look through your
> logs to see what packages you installed, then reconfigure those.  mind
> you shouldn't have to do the dependencies just the main ones.
> if you did this as a separate rpm or deb package install the just
> dpkg-reconfigure the original package.
>
> Todd

Also... I have tried running apps which use authorization dialogs, such as kmail, from a terminal. No errors show and nothing abnormal occurs before, during or after an authorization dialog is displayed (canceled) on the screen. It is almost as though the authorization dialog is not occurring at all... at least it does not send anything to the terminal. I will try again to verify that, but I had already tried that.