[SATLUG] flash on 64-bit linux, sound under virtualbox

Puro Payaso ovalvw57 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 15:52:12 CDT 2009

>Good luck with that. I think the Valve games will work, but Steam is a
little tricky to get working, from what I remember. Look in the ubuntu
forums. You'll find plenty of gaming info there. FYI, there are good
OpenGL games available on linux. QuakeWars is one, but I cannot
remember the others.

http://www.playdeb.net/welcome/
PlayDeb
is an unofficial project with the mission to provide the latest open
source and freeware games for the current Ubuntu Linux release, in an
easy to install manner.

The PlayDeb repository extends the
official repositories by providing latest versions and new games.
Unlike the official packages, PlayDeb packages do not have a predefined
release schedule - new game versions are provided as they become available from their authors.

There
is a short and limited testing phase instead of a full testing cycle to
ensure packaging quality, however it is less strict than Ubuntu's
official requirements. You may also be interested on the
UbuntuBackports project. It has a limited scope compared to PlayDeb but
the advantage of being an Ubuntu official project.

There is no
"company" behind this project - it is managed, maintained, developed
and supported by a volunteer group and by the users themselves.

Your help is needed and appreciated.