[SATLUG] flash on 64-bit linux, sound under virtualbox

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Oct 21 21:36:56 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 09:04:36 am David Kowis wrote:

> Tweeks wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 October 2009 12:15:58 pm David Kowis wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> The advantages of doing the ndiswrapper thing are nice tho,
> >
> > Evil.. nasty.. vile....
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > Tweeks
>
> Or "Not having firefox completely die when flash craps out on you"
>
> I don't think of that as so evil, nasty, or vile :P

Then you've already sold your soul.... ;)

I find no real advantage to running a web browser in 64 bit.  It's not like is
needs to access > 4GiB of RAM.  Plus NOTHING works right in 64bit mode.

But I'm not going to run something in NDIS no more than I would run my default
web browser under WINE.  It's just.. WRONG...

Tweeks