[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:00:52 CDT 2009

I've been using the KK since the early Alpha releases and it runs very well.
On the server side, you can't really see much difference aside from the
Eucalyptus integration, but on the desktop, you can really see the polish.
Boot and shutdown times have been greatly reduced, and the desktop itself
looks better. Performance has been taken up a notch all around. I run it on
one of my not quite a laptop - not quite a netbook machines and it flies.
Excellent user experience and performance. I've been running it on one of my
web servers since Alpha 5 (upgrading along the way to Beta, RC and now GA)
and it has never crashed. I'm pretty happy with it over all. Oh, and the
netbook remix is amazing. Ran very well on my EEE.