[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Jose Leiva leivajose at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:11:00 CDT 2009

Today I did a fresh install of the 32bit edition on my main partition of my
Dell M1330 Laptop. The whole installation process was smooth with no
glitches as always. Since I have Vista installed on my second partition Grub
2 was able to detect everything with out me having to recreate a new
bootloader.
The new interface is a lot more responsive than the previous one. Like
Jaunty  all the Drivers were detected and all I had to do was to activate my
proprietary drivers (intel wireless and the nvidia display driver).

Overall I am enjoying what the new version has turned out to be, now I will
try out the 64 bit edition on my desktop and see how that has improved.

Jose