[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 30 08:52:45 CDT 2009

You folks must have had better luck with downloads than I did.  First connection said it would take over 16 hours to download.  Second connection was to be just over an hour, so I stayed with it.  After burning the image to a CD, I tried installing and got a Ubuntu image in white on a black screen that pulsated slowly, fading, then brightening, then repeating the process endlessly.  Now that I've read your rave reviews, I think I'll try another download.  Do you suppose Three really is a charm?
Art