[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 30 16:27:31 CDT 2009

--- On Fri, 10/30/09, Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?
Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 10:13 AM

Arthur, are you trying to download the ISO directly or via torrent? I'm sure
the direct download servers are overloaded as this is a huge release. You
should really be downloading via the torrent. It's faster and you're helping
others who will be simultaneously downloading it from you.

Ernest,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded it directly, since I haven't yet worked with torrent.  When I Googled BitTorrent, one of the options talked about malware being imbedded in some torrent offerings and I have been reluctant to take my chances.  Any recommendations on a good source for torrent?

Second download went smoothly and the install went well.  Like lots of folks, I never cared much for the brown background options offered with earlier versions.  The 9.10 choices look much better to me.  I'll know more about the workings of the OS itself once I get more time to play with it.

Art