[SATLUG] New 4G WiMax... Linux Compatible!

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 21:15:43 CDT 2009

I was originally looking into this as their rep dropped into my office one
day. I was cautiously optimistic about the service, but as I have been
researching it prior to their scheduled November launch in the San Antonio
market, I uncovered a few things. It seems that the vast majority of their
users rate the service as slow and unreliable. It also appears as if the
company (Clear) is 51% owned by Sprint, which explains a lot. Always over
promise and under deliver. That's Sprint for you. Anyway, I would suggest
that anyone planning to sign up for this service at least google for some
reviews.

Here is one: http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2879
And another: http://www.dslreports.com/comments/1592
And another: http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=57495