[SATLUG] OT: BIOS chip source

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Tue Sep 1 17:16:03 CDT 2009

This may be premature but I have hit what I believe to be a BIOS chip
failure with 2 of 3 Mobos from ECS that I bought earlier this year and
the 2 are displaying the same prob lack of display the board runs but
nada... P/S boots, fans run but no  splash screen and replacing the
built in Video did not help.

Please tell me if I am on wrong path but this appears to indicate a
failure in powering the BIOS to run the POST since video is first device
to be considered in the list for POST. Resetting the defaults by the
battery jumper does not help. I searched and found  this BIOS supplier
company. They were fast in responding to my questions and were flat on
the ball in correcting my order since I screwed up and ordered the
incorrect revision of the programming they caught the error and
corrected and shipped all in 24hrs.

Because they paid attention and questioned which version I wanted I was
spared the confusions of getting the incorrectly flashed chip and having
to go tru the flashing that always makes me a nervous wreck.  I am
pleased to recommend them to those of you who dig the hardware side of
this mess of magic, LOL

biosdepot1 at gmail.com  http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Bios-Depot__W0QQ_armrsZ1

   "Hi, It was programmed with ECS945G-M3 (3.1)Viiv as you specified and
was put in the mail earlier. Thanks again, Lister"

If this works out then we can also prolly get Cheryl's problem solved.
Cross some fingers for me please.
herb

**