[SATLUG] acer X serues monitor dvi cable?

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:33:44 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Cheryl Holmes<cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the Acer X series 22" widescreen monitor that came with a VGA and I
> guess an HDMI cable.
>
> What kind of cable or coverter do I need to plug the monitor into a DVI vid
> card connector?  I see there are hdmi-some sort of letters and dvi- with
> some sort of letters...I haven't a clue what is what with these...
>
> thanks c

Cheryl,  the Wikimedia Commons site has lots of pictures
showing these connectors.  Some are very large like the one
below:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HDMI_connector-male_front_%CE%940058.jpg

At the main page you can search for DVI, VGA, or other
connector pictures:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

This may help you sort out the numerous connectors.

HH
--
Howard Haradon
San Antonio, TX  USA