[SATLUG] Re: HP 710 all in one inkjet

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Sep 2 18:21:37 CDT 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> how funny and strange!  :o) c
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:05 PM, <afcasta at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> The current RISKS Digest [1] states that ubuntu users may have an issue
>> with printing on Tuesdays.
>>
>> I kid you not.
>>
>> [1] http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.77.html
>>
>> Al Castanoli <afcasta at satx.rr.com>
>>
>> ---- Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Plug the printer's power cable into an Uninterruptible Power Supply.
>>>
>>>    -- Bruce
Uninterrupted_power_supply is what the term means and is a box you plug
into the wall and plug your puter into the box and it comes with
software that switches the battery power on instantly when the wall plug
dies (like we rural folks know about) and it keeps your puter running
for a time anywhere from few minutes to allow you to shut down to
several hours to provide mission critical systems to stay up. However,
it does not deliver a package to your door like the other UPS.
herb