[SATLUG] Looking for A good MOBO manufacturer

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:52:04 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Peter Cross<pjcrux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> Yes it's that guy again asking silly questions....
>
> Does anyone run MSI boards? Does linux operate well on this manufacturers
> boards?
>
> I have heard good things about ECS, Asus, and Gigabyte.

On our newest cluster, the vendor chose MSI boards. I had to RMA 4 of
them (out of 20) for bad hardware. Our previously Beowulf cluster we
used ASUS mobos. They worked ok up until the capacitors started
blowing. Our main cluster uses Tyan boards and that one has been the
most stable related to hardware problems.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility