[SATLUG] Looking for A good MOBO manufacturer

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 19:08:48 CDT 2009

forgot to say sister's ASUS lasted abt 1 year, then quit.  Luckily she had
it replaced under warranty.

So, what is it with failing boards or board components these days...poor or
no QC, or has this been going on since everything is now manufactured in
China, including components and boards and made as cheaply as possible to
keep mobo pricing down?

I remember when US made mobo's ran into the tousands, then high hundreds and
QC was VERY tight.  Back then, we didn't want the boards returned to us and
cared about maintaining a satisfied customer base...c