[SATLUG] Looking for A good MOBO manufacturer

redpill toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Thu Sep 3 19:30:11 CDT 2009

I have used Asus MoBo's for about five years or so and have been
generally satisfied.  That said you should take into consideration the
type of memory your gonna get for it.  My recommendation is that if you
go for a DDR2 mobo then go a head a max out the memory now while DDR2
prices are low.  As DDR3 prices have dropped real low (around $70 for 4
gigs on newegg) you can expect for DDR2 prices to begin to climb as
manufactures switch over their production to DDR3.  reason why I say
this is that I made this very mistake with DDR when DDR2 was coming out.
So when I got around to maxing out that board I paid about $85 more then
if I had maxed out the board when I first bought it.

happy hunting
Todd