[SATLUG] Looking for A good MOBO manufacturer

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Sep 3 20:21:00 CDT 2009

Peter Cross wrote:
> Hey all,
> Yes it's that guy again asking silly questions....
>
> Does anyone run MSI boards? Does linux operate well on this manufacturers
> boards?
>
> I have heard good things about ECS, Asus, and Gigabyte.
>
> All comments welcome...

Well Peter you have had some good response and I will just sum it up
kinda by saying look at the board that serves your needs and is in your
price range try to price them maxed out cause that is usually best and
cheapest but not always I do agree w Todd that you are seeing DDR2 mem
bout as low as it will go and will increase.

Once you have found the 3-4 boards you like best then google those board
IDs to see what people are saying cause often no amount of testing will
show a prob then a yr after several thousand of them are in use a prob
shows up, the solid mfg. Cos will usually honor that kind of problem
with replacing it. Past that it is a crap shoot, say a prayer and hope
for the best.
lol  and best of luck
the other hh