[SATLUG] Looking for A good MOBO manufacturer

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 4 11:32:53 CDT 2009

Howard Haradon wrote:

>A good source of info. is motherboards.org.  There are
>a lot of feature charts, MB reviews, and a fairly large forum
>area.  Tom's hardware also has some good info.

I'll add that the user ratings on Newegg.com are also useful. If less
than 10% of the ratings are in the bottom two categories, and there are
more than 50 ratings, it's a good product. (This accounts for people
that shouldn't handle sharp objects, like a screwdriver.) 10%-20% means
manufacturer might not have good QC, check the comments. Over 20% means
You Have Been Warned.

There are generally a few Linux users posting about specific issues, if
any, so you should know if a product is incompatible.  --Don

--
A computer is a hole in your desk you pour time into.