[SATLUG] Looking for A good MOBO manufacturer

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Sep 5 00:56:08 CDT 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 10:33:11 pm John D Choate wrote:
> On Thursday 03 September 2009 05:32:48 pm Peter Cross wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > Yes it's that guy again asking silly questions....
> >
> > Does anyone run MSI boards? Does linux operate well on this manufacturers
> > boards?

Oh yeah...

[...]
> I recently switched to an MSI mobo and am very, very happy. Though I did
> not get a economy board. Every few years I splurge for a higher end
> motherboard and in the years between I often get an economy board to tide
> me over until the next splurge. I got the MSI K9N2 Diamond because I wanted
> a full-featured board to run a quad core Athlon and have an nvidia chipset
> and other bells and whistles.

A couple of years ago, I got one of these for my mythtv system:
	http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-MicroStar-SOCKET-A-NFORCE2-IGP-M-ATX-2DDR

The embedded nvidia chipset, integrated sound, SATA... it all worked great.

I just depends what you want to do with them.  Make sure that the kernel
modules work with the hardware.  For example.. don't buy a board that uses
broadcom chipsets or ATI.

Tweeks