[SATLUG] Broken Hard Drive

Richard Suberg rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 4 21:58:49 CDT 2009

I haven't tried it, but there are a few you-tube videos on how to do your
own data recovery, including taking the covers off and making sure the heads
move, moving the spindles to a new drive, things like that.  But like I
said, I hadn't tried it and it makes me question whether or not the drives
are vacuum sealed or just dust sealed inside.  Might be worth a try if you
are willing to try it and don't have the money to pay someone else to get
the data off...

Richard
http://www.kevinspitcrew.com