[SATLUG] OT - Printer question

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sun Sep 6 16:27:59 CDT 2009

I need to find a new printer to replace the HP LJ III that recently died
on me, and I figured it might be advantageous to choose one that could
be converted to use those large (external) bottles of ink.  Anyone who's
been to the computer show in the past few years has probably seen that
vendor with one of the modified printers doing demos for the crowd.
Whoever that guy is, he wasn't at the last computer show, and I don't
the name of that business.

Does anyone remember the name of that company, or the name of anyone
else that might have kits like that?

FYI - in trouble-shooting my HP LJ III, I found a neat web site that
actually seems to have some decent info for people looking to
trouble-shoot and repair their own printers (and, of course, to sell you
the parts you might need):

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

It helped me a lot, and I plan to bookmark it for future reference.

Al Lesmerises