[SATLUG] compatible 802.11 wifi card for Hardy?

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 18:31:15 CDT 2009

Don, thank you very much!  You're putting a lot of time and effort into
this..I appreciate it very much...

I have been also searching and found this...see below..

Mom is 74 and I don't want to deal with something I have to feel around with
to make it work.  I'm looking for something compatible top Hardy that will
work right out of the box...

To date, two cards are fully supported and have been confirmed to work "out
of the box" with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (and Windows XP) on the Wind/Advent 4211:

   - The Intel PRO/Wireless
3945ABG<http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro3945abg/>(recommended)
is available new for
   under $30<http://www.google.com/products?q=wireless+3945ABG&btnG=Search+Products&show=dd&checkout=1>.

   - The Atheros
GN-WI01GT<http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Communication/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2215&ProductName=GN-WI01GT>is
available new for
   around $30<http://www.google.com/products?q=GN-WI01GT&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=11&ct=title>.

http://wiki.msiwind.net/index.php/Ubuntu_8.04_Hardy_Heron#Wireless:
--

I don't have the knowledge to make something work and I am tied of trying
too.  Have already gone through that when she got a 3 g usb card that would

thanks again...c :o)