[SATLUG] OT - Printer question

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 01:17:04 CDT 2009

The site you mentioned is mainly about laserjet-type printers. A lot of
people use inkjet technology. I've never owned a laserjet-type printer, but
I'd be interested. I don't print much anyway. If you absolutely have to work
with photographs and you have to have excellent print quality, and even if
you have an inkjet printer under warranty, I would not recommend using
third-party ink cartridges or media. You could void your warranty, you could
ruin your printer. Maybe you don't care if you have a very inexpensive
printer, but when you're spending > 1000 dollars on a printer, why take a
chance ?

For years and years I have used only lasers. They are trouble free and
inexpensive to operate. And prices have dropped. You may want to take a look
at them. My preference in HP since supplies are easy to get and reasonably
priced recharged cartridges are available on-line.
MKR