[SATLUG] OT From SAPD - new way to assault you

Doug ftm at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 7 08:08:29 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Myhand" <dmyhand at suddenlink.net>
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] OT From SAPD - new way to assault you

> David Kowis wrote:
>>
>> Alex Bartonek wrote:
>>> if I hear something outside at night, the first thing I reach for is my
>>> .45.   it speaks before I do.  true story.
>>>

>> I think should such things happen to me, it'd be the same.
>>

> You do realize that the pistol you keep is only used to fight your way
> back to the rifle you should have had.  I use a .40 S&W to speak up when
> things are not quite right.  Good to see that some SATLUGers are prepared
> in other ways besides OS-wise.  Peace, Dennis
> --

I tend to prefer a shotgun with birdshot or buckshot, whichever is handy at
the moment.  It seems to require less precision in the heat of the moment.
But each to his own as you are kind of obligated to defend your own property
and family by whatever means available, and dead perpetrators are sort of
harmless.