[SATLUG] OT From SAPD - new way to assault you

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 14:11:14 CDT 2009

I'll answer your question with a question.  Why do people drive Hummers, Corvettes, Mercedes to work when a econo-car will get the job done?

In all honesty, I like guns, cars and computers.  I'm always in the market.

Why would I NOT want to own an AK or an AR?  Because some Nam vet says I shouldnt?  What makes you qualified to use a blanket type comment and state that a law-abiding citizen cannot carry such a weapon?  With the proper knowledge, anyone should be able to own any type of handgun or rifle.  Enlighten me why a citizen shouldnt own an AK or AR.  Sorry, just because you've been in the military and shot people before doesnt really carry weight as to why I shouldnt own an AK or AR.  Give me legitimate reasons.  I apoligize if I sound irritated (I am a little), but there are alot of uninformed and ignorant people whom I've had similiar discussions with.

I go to the range quite a few times a month, I dis-assemble, modify and clean my arsenal myself.  With my AR I'm a damn good shot at 100yds (with irons..havent tried anything beyond).  Standing, with my Kel-Tec SU16C (not even a true AR, its my backup)  I can squeeze a round between your eyes @ 50yds and feel very confident defending my family and belongings.  With an AR and an AK, its not about surrender its about utter destruction of whomever is attacking my personal area.  I want whatever weapon I can get that can put an end to the problem and keep myself/family out of harms way.  Close quarters my .45 with Cor-bon or PDX (hollow point) isnt necessary with a .45 but, why not?  :)

-Alex