[SATLUG] filesystem resize on SLES10.

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:04:44 CDT 2009

Hello folks,

We have a bunch of servers running SLES10 for SAP and once  or twice a
week we have a fire drill to expand the filesystems for the DBAs, be
either they size the filesystems wrong, they need to upgrade and it
involves using more storage, or whatever, we just throw more SAN space
to the boxes, extend the volume groups, logical volumes and
filesystems accordingly, but I don't seem to find a supported cluster
aware logical volume manager for SLES10 that allows online or at least
offline extension of a filesystem.

and before you ask and suggest using SLES11 or RH or anything else,
the options are: SLES10, SLES10 or SLES10.

is there such a beast of a cluster aware logical volume manager for
SLES10 that allows online extension for a filesystem, I would settle
for a filesystem that allows offline extension if it does not involve
recreating the whole thing over and over again? other than GPFS
please.

thank you,
Enrique Sanchez.

--