[SATLUG] USB Video Capture

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Thu Sep 10 11:24:13 CDT 2009

Digital or Analog?  My bet would be Hauppauge HDPVR: USB Composite/SVideo.
I have seen it for as low as $150.

AFAIK the USB2 (NTSC) and HVR-900 (ATSC/QAM only, analog "maybe") are
supported.  Check linuxtv.org and kernellabs.com for driver support.  Also
http://hardware4linux.info/type/87/ may help.

The trick here is the RCA+USB.

Sorry that I cannot be more help here, but I only use capture for TV.
jp