[SATLUG] X gone wrong with dual displays

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:29:15 CDT 2009

I've got dual displays on my G5 Mac. I have Gentoo PPC on here and for
some reason X switches the primary display to the secondary display.
To get around this, I simply switched DVI cables (95% of my time is
spent in PPC Linux), but if I reboot into OSX the monitors are now
switched.

I've played around with randr but cannot get the right configuration
to fix this.

Any ideas on how to permanently fix this?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility