[SATLUG] "We're in it to win it" Oracle takes aim at IBM

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Fri Sep 11 00:34:03 CDT 2009

Ernest De Leon wrote:
> I've never known Larry to give anything away for free. Where is this cited?
> Aside from that, monetary gain and the greater good are not mutually
> exclusive concepts. I'm very optimistic as to how this will unfold in the
> near term and short term.
>

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Herb Cee <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:
>

>> Hmmmm forgive me for being paranoid but this is the same L Ellison that
>> offered GW the free use of his products to set up a national ID system. I
>> simply cannot believe he has any intention other than personal gain.
>> herb
Ernest, you are correct, "monetary gain and the greater good are not
mutually exclusive concepts",  I don't recall the news event but I
remember it made me angry. It was attempting to further Bush's effort to
erode personal freedom. I have never met Mr. Ellison but the impression
it left on me was the man was dangerous. I will see if I can find the
reference over the weekend.
herb