[SATLUG] OT: Toshiba Tecra 8100

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sat Sep 12 16:12:30 CDT 2009

scs at worldlinkisp.com wrote:
>> Get a usb adapter for the drive, move data
>> to your new machine, be happy? Getting drive
>> out won't be hard, plus it's what you want
>> "the other housing" for anyways, right?

> No, nothing wrong with my hard drive, problem
> is component level hardware failure on the
> 8100 motherboard...If an 8100 doesn't turn-up
> locally, I'll wait for an operational one on
> Ebay, then it's merely a matter of swapping my
> hard drive and setting the date/time and I'm
> good to go....Thanks, Lou

This could be the BIOS has been corrupted since those blinks and light
color change indicate a failure in POST routine that is managed by the
Bios.Have you tried resetting the Bios to default? You may find these
two documents of use to you:
http://www.ebooksquad.com/2009/02/28/toshiba-tecra-8100-service-guide.html
http://www.ebooksquad.com/2008/01/23/toshiba-tecra-m3-user-manual-and-troubleshooting-guide.html
(scroll down till you see the first blue DL box and you will see lots of
ads indicating sources of the 8100 for sale. These two guides show you
how to disassemble your old lappy to remove the HD or the get to the
battery)
herb