[SATLUG] Xen Server

redpill toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Sep 15 12:56:37 CDT 2009

I have been thinking about decreasing the number of boxes running in my
house and have begun to do the research on setting up a xen server.
Currently I am running Ubuntu server 9.04 but my research indicates that
this is not the best distro for Xen as there is no support for dom0.  I
looked into Fedora but same problem.  Debian might be an option but my
experience with this distro is limited. Does anyone out there have any
experience with Xen? If so, what host distro do you recommend?

I would like on running the following on the server:
pfsense - router and wifi access point
Ubuntu Lamp - wordpress and apache server
Ubuntu LTSP - thin clienting 2 computers for the kids
Mythbuntu - would be nice if I could do this but not sure if the TV
cards will be an issue

thanks for any advice
Todd