[SATLUG] Xen Server

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 13:17:47 CDT 2009

Do you absolutely want to run a host OS below the virtualization platform on
top or do you want a hypervisor just above the bare metal? For what it seems
like you want to do, I would suggest just running Ubuntu with virtual box on
top and placing your VMs inside virtualbox. If you want a true virtual
server, download the free Citrix Xen Server 5 and set that up as the base.
Then build the guest OSes on top. Either way is just as easy, but I think
you will be more comfortable with the Ubuntu/VirtualBox mix. That's what I
run at home myself. In the office I have ESX.