[SATLUG] Xen Server

redpill toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Wed Sep 16 00:13:23 CDT 2009

> You have given me an idea.  I think I am going to start combining
> machines around here too.  I think I will do xen on debian and then
> install my firewall machine on top of that.  Now to find some time...
>
> Sam

I feel you there with the time thing.  right now I am gonna stick with
researching this out a bit more and probably begin implementing after my
A+ and Network+ certs in December.  As I noted before my main goal is to
learn server virtualization so as to make myself more marketable for the
job market.  I figure that getting my mythbox virtualized is going to be
the real challenge.  My ultimate goal is to take 6 of my boxes (2
servers, 1 Mythbox, 2 thin clients and 1 router) all on one box.

As for my hardware I have a dell PE840 with a dualcore xeon and a perc
5i but I am not sure that it is the best machine for the mythbox Xeon's
are crap when it comes to video and graphics and the board has no PCI-e
slots for the video card. so I may end up using my quad core.  Like I
said I still have a bunch of research to do before I start tearing down
and reconfiguring my equipment.

Todd