[SATLUG] Xen Server

toddwbucy at grandecom.net toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Wed Sep 16 13:37:24 CDT 2009

Thanks everyone for the advice.  Right now I am leaning towards some
flavour of Xen probably Citrix but I am also interested in KVM given
that both Ubuntu (and more importantly for my employment future)
Fedora is now backing KVM over Xen.  I considered VMware until I saw
what it was gonna cost me for a license.  Either way i am thinking of
doing a complete documentation from box build to install, with video
and then post it on my website and use that as part of a job
application to show off my skills to potential employers.

The way I see it I want to demonstrate to employers not so much that I
know a specific virtualization software but that I am capable and
self-motivated enough to learn it on my own if need be.

Thanks and I will endeavor to keep everyone informed on how this
project moves along

Todd