[SATLUG] OT: Official: FCC to propose 'Net neutrality' rules by AP: Yahoo! Tech

dubose at texas.net dubose at texas.net
Sat Sep 19 17:46:47 CDT 2009

Quoting ed <horned0wl93 at gmail.com>:

> Maybe we're finally moving in the right direction?
>
> http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090919/ap_on_hi_te/us_internet_rules
>
> Ed
> --

To carry this one step further, then ISPs couldn't block port 25 and 80 to/from
 your home computer.

I think we know that internet bandwidth is limited by what the internet can
afford to put on-line.  If they could put on unlimited bandwidth, then no need
to limit service.  But that isn't the case.  In many parts of the country,
internet capacity is 1/10 of what is normally found in San Antonio.  Thus,
just for users to have limited E-Mail and web access, other services are limited.

Its the same for roadways...in the country you have smaller roads and in
cities express ways.  Its just economics.

Walt