[SATLUG] OT: Official: FCC to propose 'Net neutrality' rules by AP: Yahoo! Tech

Nate pixelnate at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 21:56:18 CDT 2009

ed wrote:
> Maybe we're finally moving in the right direction?
>
> http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090919/ap_on_hi_te/us_internet_rules

Just be careful siding with the FCC, though. The TW tech I talked to
last month told me that it was the FCC that was behind the tiered
billing scheme that TW was going to "test" a few months back. I was told
that TW was picked by the FCC lead the push for it, even though the
management was unofficially against it.

Of course that could be just what they were told internally, true or not.

~Nate