[SATLUG] OT: Official: FCC to propose 'Net neutrality' rules by AP: Yahoo! Tech

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Sep 20 09:04:16 CDT 2009

Nate wrote:
> ed wrote:
>> Maybe we're finally moving in the right direction?
>>
>> http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090919/ap_on_hi_te/us_internet_rules
>
> Just be careful siding with the FCC, though. The TW tech I talked to
> last month told me that it was the FCC that was behind the tiered
> billing scheme that TW was going to "test" a few months back. I was
> told that TW was picked by the FCC lead the push for it, even though
> the management was unofficially against it.
>
> Of course that could be just what they were told internally, true or not.
>

> ~Nate
Yes, HNate could be but it sounds exactly how gov agencies operate. I
will add the ploy that I see familiar is when they wish to regulate
something they first make iy sound very appealing then they slowly
nibble away all the benefits and expand the corp profit side. It is
almost never altruistic almost always greed. Also remember gov is a
predator.
herb