[SATLUG] Xen Server

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Sep 22 10:22:16 CDT 2009

> If you are really going to run XEN, I would recommend netBSD for the
> XEN host.  netBSD is one of the best platforms you can run the host
> systems on, it offers great speed and all the benefits of anything
> else running XEN.  It also has a smaller foot print for the host
> system than RHEL/centOS or unbuntu.  Also I would consider not putting
> your router on a virtual machine.  You will also want to get a few
> network cards.
>
> Consider trying vmware ESXi, it is free.
>
> Sean Iffland

I'll look into using a BSD variant for Xen but i am not as familiar with
it as I am with *nix variants.  In the last couple of days I have been
warming up to KVM as it seems to have better support with Ubuntu and
Fedora (the two distro's that I am the most familiar) Also, what would
be the advantage of keeping my router on a separate box?

Todd