[SATLUG] Looking for suggestions/duplication from an ftp site

rsuberg at satx.rr.com rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 24 07:18:50 CDT 2009

I am looking for suggestions for ease of use, no problems, personal experiences, for duplicating an ftp site to a local folder.   Current OS is Debian, but will likely be reloaded since we are going to reload (hack into?) the server that is currently not doing anything.  Previous server manager won't give us login and password, so as far as that goes (I think) is to reload the entire OS.  I do have physical access to the hd and can pull it out to modify the /etc/passwd (?) file if that is all it takes to do something like that.

Data size to be duplicated is about 19G right now and continues to grow.  Technical service information for our technicians to duplicate to their laptops.

Any suggestions?  Thanks,
Richard S