[SATLUG] OT Utube DL

Wayne Wolle w.e.wolle at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 26 18:53:18 CDT 2009

Herb Cee wrote:
> Wayne Wolle wrote:
>> Herb Cee wrote:
>>> I fail to understand can you elaborate like where do I find youtube-dl
>>> hh
>> Google youtube-dl    I use Slackware and downloaded the package from
>> linuxpackages.net
> Ok I guess this is a CLI run from a terminal  Great I am also very
> shallow on using the CLI ... I will try to learn also how to get a
> terminal to work  in the browser. This is the stuff that is
> frustrating to me in Linux something simple requires an overload of
> reading and following 14,000 suggested pages from my frin Google
> gggrrrr whine whimper
>
> Oh well I know that  I am indeed a fluke of the universe, I have no
> right to be here. Whether my idea of a god is a hairy thunderer or a
> cosmic muffin and whether I can hear it or not the universe is
> laughing behind my back so therefore I stay calm, I rotate my tires
> and whenever possible put people on hold.
> Thanks
> hh
LOL......I know how you feel.  I was very frustrated too when I started
in with Linux.  Yes...youtube-dl is a script run from the CLI but it's
simple really.  You can cut or copy the youtube address from your
browser address window and paste it into the terminal.  Or you can just
type in the full address.
For example:    youtube-dl http://youtube.com/whatever/address/you/want