[SATLUG] OT: Joomla Question

Dennis Myhand dmyhand at suddenlink.net
Sun Sep 27 18:32:11 CDT 2009

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> try http://www.joomlatutorials.com/ use theri search function for the
> version you are using.  they might have some help in their archives.
> Also search the archives of the Joomla forums.  Also just because you
> are using an older version doesn't mean the Joomla forums are useless to
> you, Joomla is a rather large F/OSS project and as such there is a
> community.  you also might want try to convince, who ever it is, to
> update their Joomla.  There might very will be many security updates
> that have since been patched.  Do yourself a favor and read the update
> logs on the various updates since your last; at the very least you will
> know how your system is vulnerable.
>
> Todd

I have actually been doing this for the last four days.  Either I am not
using the correct search criteria, or no one has asked what I need to
know.  I need information about how to make some changes to the content
on the site.  As for getting my network fuhrer to get off his butt and
upgrade something, he does not even understand html and knows nothing
about the systems he inherited.  He is waiting for money to spend to go
to a proprietary system that we no longer have to host.  A nice idea,
but I doubt it will lessen my work load.  That was why I was hoping to
find someone to talk to about what I want to do.  Even if it is just by
email.  Thanks anyway.