[SATLUG] OT youtube and video

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 06:03:34 CDT 2009

In Firefox...

*Tools
Add-ons
Get Add-ons*
Type "*downloadhelper*" in the search bar there, this will bring up
VideoDownloadHelper
Wait a few seconds, then you'll be able to click on "*Install Now*"
*Add to Firefox*

To download a video, you can check out my first video 'backup computer with
free, open source software' at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb0vFFZVCrE
When the video starts playing, you can click on the little down arrow to the
right of the VideoDownloadHelper icon, select the filename to you want the
video to use for downloading. Once you've done this you can stop the video
or close that tab and the video will continue to download.

To view the video, you can use VLC'
In Ubuntu, if you saved your video to Video folder in your home directory,
you can click on *Places*, *Home Folder*, *Video* (this is going to use
Nautilus to see your files, then you can drag and drop files onto VLC and
then you can watch your videos).

Daniel