[SATLUG] OT: Human Rights and the G20 in Pittsburg

Dennis Myhand dmyhand at suddenlink.net
Mon Sep 28 18:31:10 CDT 2009

David Kowis wrote:

> I find it very interesting how you side with authority. Not to start a
> political flame war or anything, but why did they have to leave? Why
> should they instantly bend to the will of the police? The police are
> here to protect and to serve, not to abuse.
>
> I think you and I disagree on that he deserved to be maced in the face.
>
> Heh, that rhymes.
>
> David

Yeah, well, you and I will disagree on whether he deserved to be maced
anywhere.  First rule of confrontation with authority is never bring a
camera to a gunfight.  The people in the video were showing you one
angle only.  They were there in contravention of the city police and
they paid a price for it.  They also don't know squat about how to deal
with a riot squad.  They ought to go ask their grand-mothers.  The old
ladies would have probably done better against that little group of cops
than they did.