[SATLUG] anyone cron-job their "apt-get upgrade" commands?

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Tue Sep 29 11:11:45 CDT 2009

So I heard a talk about patching and the guy was saying that everyone
already knows how to cron-job "apt-get upgrade" or the yum equivalent.

I'm wondering if anyone does this in practice and what their results
are.  I'm nervous about upgrading kernels blindly and also some programs
require interacive input when upgrading - non-free stuff like Sun's
java comes to mind.
--
Obama Nation | My emails do not have attachments; it's a digital signature
that your mail program doesn't understand. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/