[SATLUG] anyone cron-job their "apt-get upgrade" commands?

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 29 12:07:05 CDT 2009

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org wrote:
>So I heard a talk about patching and the guy was saying that everyone
>already knows how to cron-job "apt-get upgrade" or the yum equivalent.

Debian's apt supports fine-grained control (for example) to stick some
packages at specific versions and others to track the most current. It
doesn't have to always match the selected distro (etch, lenny, squeeze)
or archive (stable, testing, unstable, volatile).

That said I don't install automatically but do check it weekly.  --Don

--
A computer is a hole in your desk you pour time into.