[SATLUG] OT: Human Rights and the G20 in Pittsburg

Doug ftm at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 29 23:32:02 CDT 2009

There are some things I object to, such as the removal of regulation of the
banks and corporations which gave rise to the corporate greed and ponzi
schemes that are being brought to light recently, and the current
administration hiring as the new regulator the very people that caused the
problem.  Lack of regulation gave rise to the mortgage derivatives which are
completely fake and are not an asset at all and should be made illegal,
Also the variable mortgage mess that has resulted in so many foreclosures,
which are still rising even here in San Antonio as unemployment continues to
rise.  Our former mayor Henry Cisneros was squarely involved in that
industry.  Next is the Credit card industry which due to high rates and
deregulation have siphoned away money that was previously available for
business lending and is now a core profit center for banks.  Add to that the
staggering corporate compensation packages that siphoned off the assets of
companies even while they were losing money hand over fist, and the
stockholders paid the penalty.  All this still continues today, as bank
failures are on the increase again.  I guess this is the NWO as some term
it.  Locally several organizations who are funded by those who hope to make
a lot of money from wind farms and solar panels raise loud objection to the
building of the additions to the STP nuke plant, thereby securing our energy
future.

I don't predict much change over the next few years as the lobbyists have
firm ownership of the politicians, of both political parties and only a very
few people that are eligible to vote actually do so and even then rarely
from an informed basis.

I am old enough to remember Pearl Harbor, I remember it well.  I was
attending church that Sunday morning in a tent service conducted by my
father, who was the pastor when the service was interrupted and he made the
announcement that we had been attacked by the Japanese.  I was 5 years old
at the time.  Kind of dates me, huh?

Oh well, that is my rant, so now I will give it a rest.