[SATLUG] Microsoft Fails the Standards Test

country glenn.toothman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 12:12:13 CDT 2010

As of lately, they have changed their internet exploder, if you do not write
the html to THEIR standards it will not display properly, works great in
firefox and chrome as well as other OS browsers, the only one that cannot
read it correctly is M$...

I've had people tell me I had to change the code, I simply tell them, I
write the code, if you use a browser that does not support any standards,
it's your fault.

Glenn

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
> wrote:

> > http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx
>
> I am glad someone is pointing this out. Frankly, I never suspected
> MS would support the strict standard voluntarily, not doing it is a
> tool for them to continue to monopolize the market and assert their
> market power.
>
> And all those poor suckers who continue to purchase MS products
> prolong the agony. MS counts on the fact that most people are clueless
> about this and blindly help MS stay dominant.
>
> sigh :-(
>
> -b.

Ft. Leonard Wood '65
Ft. Devens '65-'66