[SATLUG] Microsoft Fails the Standards Test

country glenn.toothman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 14:59:18 CDT 2010

There were errors, and thank you for the url, I love it and will use it to
keep my code even cleaner...

The problems MS has with my code is I'm using CSS and calling shockwave
routines, MS wants to convert it to scripts w/o shockwave.   As an
experiment I tried it both ways, when converted to satisfy MS it errors in
the two other browsers I use to validate, firefox and chrome.

Again Thanks Borries, I really like that program, and will try the suggested
corrections to see how it affects my code..

Glenn

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
> wrote:

> > As of lately, they have changed their internet exploder, if you do not
> write
> > the html to THEIR standards it will not display properly, works great in
> > firefox and chrome as well as other OS browsers, the only one that cannot
> > read it correctly is M$...
> >
> > I've had people tell me I had to change the code, I simply tell them, I
> > write the code, if you use a browser that does not support any standards,
> > it's your fault.
>
> So does your code validate against XHTML 1.0 Strict and doesn't display on
> IE?
> (http://validator.w3.org/)
>
> -b.

Ft. Leonard Wood '65